VOLUNTEER CLEAN UP
April 21, 2023
VOLUNTEER CLEANUP — ROWING DOCK
FRIDAY APRIL 21 | 12 - 2PM
Members, come volunteer with us at Rowing Dock on Friday, 4.21 for an Earth Day Cleanup! If interested in helping us clean up the trails around the lake, RSVP to your calendar invite!
Last year, over 1,400 volunteers joined in to collect over 6,000 pounds of trash from our local lakes and green spaces. This year, we hope to help make an even bigger impact together!
What to Expect:
- We will be cleaning up the trails and green spaces around the lake by foot at Rowing Dock for an estimated 2 hours.
- Thanks to their generous and kind brand partners, there will be delicious snacks and beverages provided free of charge to ensure all volunteers stay hydrated and fueled for the clean up!
- All volunteers participating in this event will be required to sign a waiver. This waiver will be provided to you digitally or in person.
Volunteer tees will be available at check-in. You may select your size on-site!
Prizes will be awarded after each 2-hour time slot based on the volunteer(s) that collect the most trash and the most unique item. Let's make a difference together!
Our launch meeting location is Rowing Dock. Please arrive here 15 minutes prior to our designated kick-off time. This will ensure that you have enough time to check in and meet up for a safety briefing and route review.
Wear comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting wet or dirty. We will be volunteering on land - closed toed shoes like hiking boots or rain boots are recommended.
- If it is sunny, please bring a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Free parking is available in the gravel lot or along Stratford. Please leave valuables and non-essential items at home.
- Estimated GTW attendees: 15-20