It's My Park Day
June 12, 2021
It's My Park Day
Join us this Saturday, June 12th from 10AM-12PM for this month's Member Meetup in support of Austin Park's Foundation for It's My Park Day! We will be meeting at Sunset Valley Elementary to help beautify their gardens and give back to our local park community.
More event details and sign-up information HERE. Registration is first come first serve, so make sure to sign up as soon as you can to secure your spot with our group! More information below.
What is It's My Park Day?
- IMPD is a day dedicated to beautifying our local parks! Austin Parks Foundation partners with our community to enhance people's lives by making our public parks, trails and green spaces better through volunteerism, innovative programming, advocacy and financial support.
What can I expect?
- We will gather together to help clean up the Marquee Garden, Courtyard Garden and Outdoor Classroom at Sunset Valley Elementary! We will be pulling weeds, cutting back plants, installing edging, spreading mulch and making the outdoor areas look inviting and welcoming for all. Each volunteer will receive an IMPD t-shirt for participating!
- We will have GTW x Frankie Jean hats for all members who have not yet received theirs!
- There will be snacks available and a refillable water station at the site.
- This will be an outdoor event. Social distancing is encouraged. Masks are also recommended but not required.
What do I bring?
- A refillable water bottle. A hat, sunscreen and bug spray are recommended as well.
- All gardening tools will be provided but if you have your own tools and gloves, it is highly encouraged to bring them.
Can I bring my kids?
- Absolutely! Kids are welcome to come help (or play while you volunteer).
What if I want to stay longer or can't stay the whole time?
- Come for as long as you're able to! Every little bit helps!