June 11, 2023
AFTERNOON TEA — PRIVATE RESIDENCE
SUNDAY JUNE 11 | 11AM - 1PM
We're excited to kick off our first Member Series with an Afternoon Tea in the hill country hosted by GTW Member, Sabrina Ghouse! Together, we'll learn all about this historic British ritual while indulging in three delectable courses, perfectly paired tea and bubbly sips to delight!
If interested in attending, please RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE (access code in your email calendar invite)!
What to Expect:
- This 2-hour experience will include three light courses, a variety of tea selections + champagne or sparkling wine.
- The afternoon will be led by GTW Member, Sabrina Ghouse. Growing up with a regular tea time in her home in Sri Lanka and the UK and half British herself, Sabrina will be bringing the cultural influence of seeing some of the most loving and vibrant women in her family come together over tea to connect.
- GTW Members will be enlightened about the origin of "high tea" - a quintessentially British tradition that originated in the early 1840s, initiated by Anna, the Duchess of Bedford, to satiate afternoon hunger before the evening meal. Typically involving three courses, loose-leaf brewed tea and the modern-day evolution of an indulgent glass of champagne or sparkling wine, adding a touch of luxury to this over century long ritual.
- Your ticket will include all courses, tea and sips (alcoholic and NA available). Courses will be comprised of savory sandwiches cut into 'fingers', scones served with clotted cream and jam, and a final course of cakes and pastries.
- This event will be held in a private residence in the beautiful hill country of Lakeway, Texas.
- Free parking is available in a large lot across the street from the home.
- Estimated amount of attendees: 25-30