A CONVERSATION WITH MHA
June 22, 2023
A CONVERSATION WITH: MAGDALENE HOUSE OF AUSTIN — LOCATION TBD
THURSDAY JUNE 22 | 6PM - 8PM
Members, join us for an illuminating conversation with GTW Members, Giselle Reinhardt-Gillis of Magdalene House of Austin (MHA), a survivor-led community for adult women who have survived sex trafficking and Meredith Stratigopoulus, an attorney for Watts Guerra of Austin who supports and represents survivors of trafficking.
If you'd like to reserve your spot, stay tuned - RSVP details coming soon.
What to Expect:
- This 2-hour experience will center around a critical conversation about the depth of the sex-trafficking problem right here in Texas.
- With GTW Members and advocates to survivors, Giselle Reinhardt-Gillis and Meredith Stratigopoulus, we will learn just how extensive this issue is, the many factors that contribute to the growing problem of sex-trafficking and what we can do to stay in the know and help support.
- Donations will be collected for the women at Magdalene House of Austin at the event. Please consider contributing any of these desired items: gift cards of any amount to HEB, Walmart, Target, and Amazon, gently worn clothing, jewelry, shoes, bags, makeup, and all beauty products (razors, shampoo/conditioner, facial products, toiletries, etc.) - any items not immediately used are saved for future residents of MHA or donated to Safe Cares emergency shelter.
- Light bites + sips will be provided.
- Estimated amount of attendees: 25-30
- Location TBD